The curriculum has a strong focus on core learning skills and communication. We aim to develop resilience, creativity and social skills in order to support young people to succeed in the workplace and live rewarding, independent lives.
Learning is tailored to suit the needs of the individual and we work in partnership with families and other agencies to support learning and development for the ‘whole child’. We have high expectations, and learners take pride in their achievements.
Inclusion is a thread that runs through every area of the school enhanced by collaboration between the senior leaders, teachers, support staff, external agencies, parents and most importantly, the child.
At Parkview Academy students will:
- Be included in all aspects of school life.
- Be provided with quality first teaching, differentiated to their needs.
- Be respected and their contributions valued and celebrated.
To further support progress, students may have;
- Have specific 1:1 or small group intervention to support their Phonics, Maths, Literacy or speech and language learning.
- Take part in social and emotional support interventions such as The Homunculi Approach thinking, or Lego Therapy.
- Be supported by external agencies such as Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Community Paediatric services or CAMHS to develop specific targets/programmes tailored to the child’s individual needs.