At Park View Academy we believe that every child should have an opportunity to experience success with their education no matter what their background or special needs…
Welcome to Park View Academy
We recognise that our learners may need additional support before they are ready to fully engage in the curriculum. Therefore, we typically follow a progressive step by step approach as summarised in the mnemonic; ARRRTT
- Attendance: Focus on improving each learner’s attendance level to ensure they give themselves the basis to achieve.
- Routine: Learning Support Assistants help learners to gain a routine that is adapted to pupils individual needs to ensure they feel comfortable in the educational environment.
- Relationship: Learners are assisted in developing sound relationships with tutors and other service users.
- Respect: Working with learners and families in a holistic manner to maximize their life-chances and educational potential.
- Trust: When a pupil feels more secure and understood.
- Teach: A formal, academic curriculum takes place.
World Theatre Day 2019
Listen to the school radio show on World Theatre Day
In line with our commitment to e-safety, anyone concerned with the recent outbreak of MOMO should read the attachment.
School Media’s Most Recent Show:
03 May 2019 – An exclusive interview with DJ Luck, one half of Garage music sensation, DJ Luck & MC Neat Exclusive DJ Luck Interview
Parkview Academy EXCLUSIVE Interview with Derren Brown
Enjoy a sneak peek at our exclusive interview with magician and tv star Derren Brown:
The full audio of the interview is available on our ALP School media website.
A Marvellous May for Parkview Academy !
On Thursday 24th May, students at Parkview Academy completed their introduction to drama.
This is a massive achievement as, not only is it the first time that our school has offered drama to our Learners, but they had to also complete a series of tasks to pass their assessment including:
Stage presence ,
Scenario; and finally
to perform a scene in front of an audience.
This is a massive achievement for our students most of whom suffer from low confidence and we are very proud of them.
As this was a success the school will now be able to offer NCFE drama qualifications within our curriculum.
May was a busy month for Parkview Academy with another historic moment. Three of our post 16 students sat their maths GCSE. They are the very first students from Parkview Academy to do so and we are very proud of them – well done to them!
GDPR is Here
ALP Schools complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and our schools are committed to maintaining the highest standards when handling personal information. Parkview Academy is required to have it’s own privacy notice and Privacy (Data Protection Policy) to ensure that all pupils, parents, staff and applicants are aware of how and when their data may be used by us and our data controllers.