At Park View Academy we believe that every child should have an opportunity to experience success with their education no matter what their background or special needs…
Welcome to Park View Academy
We recognise that our learners may need additional support before they are ready to fully engage in the curriculum. Therefore, we typically follow a progressive step by step approach as summarised in the mnemonic; ARRRTT
- Attendance: Focus on improving each learner’s attendance level to ensure they give themselves the basis to achieve.
- Routine: Learning Support Assistants help learners to gain a routine that is adapted to pupils individual needs to ensure they feel comfortable in the educational environment.
- Relationship: Learners are assisted in developing sound relationships with tutors and other service users.
- Respect: Working with learners and families in a holistic manner to maximize their life-chances and educational potential.
- Trust: When a pupil feels more secure and understood.
- Teach: A formal, academic curriculum takes place.
Parkview Academy takes the Health and well being of all our pupils very seriously, therefore we increase awareness and knowledge of health and well being through PHSE and PSD lessons as well as working alongside the following organisations:
Healthy Schools at Parkview
At Parkview Academy we aim to provide a high quality physical education curriculum that motivates and inspires all students to succeed. We provide opportunities for our students to learn about the importance of a balanced diet and it’s role in meeting the demands of their environment. We want students to become physically literate and confident in ways which supports their health, confidence and fitness. We provide opportunities for students to take part in school sports with an aim of developing their character, resilience, teamwork and emotional well-being.
Take a listen to our first celebrity summer special!
We explore the world of TV broadcasting with special guests Gary Bushell and Mike Mclean.
Look Who is coming to Parkview Academy this Summer! 2019
We have some amazing special guests lined up to visit this summer. Take a look!
World Theatre Day 2019
Listen to the school radio show on World Theatre Day
In line with our commitment to e-safety, anyone concerned with the recent outbreak of MOMO should read the attachment.
School Media’s Most Recent Show:
03 May 2019 – An exclusive interview with DJ Luck, one half of Garage music sensation, DJ Luck & MC Neat Exclusive DJ Luck Interview
Parkview Academy EXCLUSIVE Interview with Derren Brown
Enjoy a sneak peek at our exclusive interview with magician and tv star Derren Brown:
The full audio of the interview is available on our ALP School media website.