At Park View Academy we believe that every child should have an opportunity to experience success with their education no matter what their background or special needs…
Welcome to Park View Academy
We recognise that our learners may need additional support before they are ready to fully engage in the curriculum. Therefore, we typically follow a progressive step by step approach as summarised in the mnemonic; ARRRTT
- Attendance: Focus on improving each learner’s attendance level to ensure they give themselves the basis to achieve.
- Routine: Learning Support Assistants help learners to gain a routine that is adapted to pupils individual needs to ensure they feel comfortable in the educational environment.
- Relationship: Learners are assisted in developing sound relationships with tutors and other service users.
- Respect: Working with learners and families in a holistic manner to maximize their life-chances and educational potential.
- Trust: When a pupil feels more secure and understood.
- Teach: A formal, academic curriculum takes place.
David Cowell MBE joins ALP Schools
The new Managing Director of ALP Schools: David Cowell has been awarded an MBE in the new years honours list. News of the MBE comes on the same day that David Cowell officially changes his role from Managing Director of Melton Learning Hub and joins ALP Schools.
Take a look at our new Media Website!
ALPschools.media is the pinnacle of vocational education on offer at Park View Academy in Welling. Created by ALP Schools to help introduce and teach media to young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). The media suite aims to provide disaffected learners with educational experiences and opportunities not available in mainstream schools.
Our in house media team use a combination of modern equipment to allow learners to have hands on experience in music technology, assisting with recording studio operations and applying DJ skills and video production.
When young people take an interest in this vocational area we have found students make vast improvements in their confidence and self-esteem all through the power of media.
Please take a look at our website for more information.